Academy Architecture and Architectural Review originated in London in 1889. Swiss-born architect Alexander Koch was the founding editor and publisher. Begun as an annual review of architectural subjects and drawings, by 1896 two volumes were published a year of work exhibited at the Royal Academy, the Royal Scottish Academy, and the Royal Glasgow Institute. Upon Koch’s death in 1911, his son Hugh Koch (later Hugh Martin-Kaye) took over publication and focused on exhibits from the Royal Academy. Publication ceased in 1931.

Click a link to view in PDF format.  In Windows, right-click to save and download.  The magazine files are large.  Depending on connection speed, access may take a few minutes.