Pacific Coast Architect was founded in 1911 as a monthly journal. Originally published in Portland, Oregon, by 1914 the magazine became the official publication of the San Francisco AIA.
To reflect the magazine's widened scope and national readership, from June 1915 to March 1919, Pacific Coast Architect was known simply as The Architect.
In April 1919, The Architect was renamed The Building Review until it reverted back to Pacific Coast Architect in January 1924. After the January 1929 issue, the magazine merged with California Southland into California Arts & Architecture.
Click a link to view in PDF format. In Windows, right-click to save and download. The magazine files are large. Depending on connection speed, access may take a few minutes.
Report Broken Link / Donate Magazines / Sponsorship